“Google is running a unique viral video campaign aimed at creative GMail users that want to help put together a behind-the-scenes look at how a message gets to and from a GMail account. Just download the red envelope, come up with a creative idea, shoot it and upload it by August 13th.”
“throughout our research we have found numerous deficiencies and hostilities in Google’s approach to privacy that go well beyond those of other organizations. While a number of companies share some of these negative elements, none comes close to achieving status as an endemic threat to privacy.”
- Gmail blog: Help make a collaborative “video” (advert)
- google.com: The final video. Famous for 15 megabytes.
- Wikipedia: NSA Warrantless Wiretapping
- Tim Oreilly: Some long yawning post
- Googlewatch.com: Gmail
- Privacy International: Google worst for privacy
- Geek t-shirts and stickers: People don’t care what you think, just how you look. Shit isn’t it.